This wealthy purple wine casserole is named Hunter’s Rooster, and isn’t only for the colder climate. That is consolation meals at its greatest and incredible any time of the yr!
I’ll at all times gravitate in the direction of consolation meals, even in the course of summer season. That’s why I’m including this hunter’s rooster casserole to the recipe record. It’s simple to make, doesn’t take all day and tastes superb! Rooster thighs are seared after which simmered with tomatoes purple wine, two sorts of mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. All of those flavors work collectively to make a thick, wealthy casserole that’s excellent for feeding the household.
substances used for this hunter’s rooster recipe
- Rooster– I desire utilizing boneless, skinless thighs as a result of they gained’t dry out like rooster breasts will and so they have extra taste.
- Onion– diced
- Mushrooms– You’ll want dried porcini mushrooms and common Portobello mushrooms. After the porcini’s have been softened in heat water, they’re loaded with taste and provides a pleasant added contact. The leftover mushroom water can also be added to the casserole.
- Tomatoes– canned crushed tomatoes are excellent.
- Rosemary-I like to recommend contemporary, however you should utilize dried rosemary should you don’t have contemporary.
faq’s about making this recipe
Sure, I’d simply advocate not utilizing breasts as they’ll find yourself being too dry.
You’ll be able to, simply convey again to a simmer over a low warmth for about 10-Quarter-hour.
No worries, you should utilize common button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms. Brown mushrooms often have extra taste than white mushrooms.
My favorites are mashed potatoes, creamy polenta or risotto, and a glass of fine purple wine!
extra scrumptious consolation meals recipes
Hunter’s Rooster Casserole
Wealthy and scrumptious, this rooster casserole shall be one in every of your favorites!
- ½ cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup heat water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ kilos boneless, skinless rooster thighs
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped contemporary rosemary
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- ⅔ cups purple wine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- contemporary chopped parsley for garnishing
Mix the dried porcini mushrooms and scorching water in a small bowl. Let soak for a minimum of Quarter-hour till delicate.
In a big pot or dutch oven, warmth the olive oil and add the rooster pores and skin aspect down, sear for about 3-4 minutes.
Flip the rooster over and prepare dinner for one more 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper and switch to a bowl, put aside.
Add the butter to the pot and soften.
Add the onion and sauté till softened, scraping up any items of rooster caught to the underside of the pot.
Pressure the softened porcini mushrooms from the water ensuring to avoid wasting the liquid, finely chop the porcini and add to the pot.
Add the garlic and rosemary and stir effectively.
Slice the portobello’s and add to the pot, stir.
Pour within the reserved porcini liquid to the pot.
Pour within the tomatoes and purple wine, convey to a simmer.
Add the rooster again into the pot together with any juices from the bowl.
Cowl and simmer for half-hour on low warmth.
Stir gently and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Place a rooster thigh on a chopping board and roughly chop into strips.
Place on prime of some mashed potatoes and pour some additional sauce over the rooster.
Garnish with parsley and serve directly.